Keith Murphy’s solo CD,
Bound for Canaan
It somehow took years to finally make this project happen. But once things got going it was very exciting. I have always loved the texture of multiple guitars and mandolins creating a layered harmonic texture and it was a pleasure to develop that sound with guitarist Mark Simos who is incredibly creative with tunings and voicings. Mark Roberts has a gutsy sound on flute and whistles that I admire and a great sense of ensemble arranging. No one has more experience and understanding of my approach to singing and arranging than Becky. Her unique sound is at the core of many of these songs. Pete Sutherland greased the wheels with his smooth production technique. For me, Bound for Canaan was worth waiting for.
- Becky Tracy, fiddle
- Mark Roberts, flutes, whistles, five string banjo
- Mark Simos, acoustic and high strung guitar
- Rani Arbo, harmony vocals
“I can only envy Keith Murphy’s wonderful singing — whether you’re talking of feeling or tone, every note rings clear and true” — Dáithí Sproule
- Clamanda*/Farewell to the Taliban^
- C’est Aujourd’hui Grande Fête
- Hard Times
- Brown Girl
- Beau Rossignol / Return to Crieff^
- Gypsy Davy
- A Sailor Courted
- Parting Friends*
- Nous Allons à une Fête
- The Stormy Scenes of Winter
All songs traditional except where noted.
* additional lyrics by Keith Murphy.
^ original tune by Keith Murphy.
Black Isle Music, BMI
All arrangements by Keith Murphy.